Anthony Startt, Director of Investments at Jair Lynch, delivered an informative presentation to the Penn Branch community at the October General Body Meeting.
The Penn Branch Citizens Civic Association (PBCCA) office of Vice President is vacant. If you are interested in running for this position, the deadline for submitting your Nomination Form is midnight, October 31, 2019.
Please complete the form below along with a brief Bio (including headshot) and email it to Kyle Murphy, PBCCA Secretary, at email@example.com or mail to P.O. Box 6730, Washington, DC 20020 on or before midnight on October 31, 2019.
The vacancy announcement will be posted in the PBCCA November Newsletter along with the Bios of the interested candidates. The position will be filled by a majority vote of all members in good standing on November 12, 2019, at the PBCCA General Body Meeting. The newly elected Vice President’s term will conclude in June 2020 along with the rest of the current Board members.
No “Write-In” candidates will be accepted!
Click here to access a copy of the Nominating Form
In an effort to help the PBCCA Board serve our community better, we created a PBCCA Survey for the 2019-2020 Membership Year. We ask that you:
- Download a copy of the Survey
- Complete the Survey with your most thoughtful answers in mind
- Scan and Email the Survey back to firstname.lastname@example.org – OR –
- Mail your completed copy of the Survey to:
Penn Branch Citizens Civic Association
P.O. Box 6730
Washington, DC 20020
The responses will be reviewed and acted upon by the PBCCA Board to help us drive change and serve our community better in the future.
By helping us, you, in turn, help the community.
Note: In 2018, Jair Lynch received an overwhelming amount of negative feedback from the community on the name, “The Shops at Penn Hill”. To the satisfaction of the community, Jair Lynch changed the name to “The Shops at Penn Branch” to maintain historical roots to the community.
Click this link to get a .pdf file containing the latest updates from Anthony Startt, Jair Lynch Real Estate Partner Representative, on The Shops at Penn Branch.
Although much needed progress has been made concerning redevelopment of The Shops at Penn Branch, there are some changes coming worth noting:
- CVS – Jair Lynch unable to reach agreement for long-term extension
• Current lease expires June 2020
• Analyzing options to re-tenant the space
• Likely to be broken into smaller shop space and office/medical space
• Strong interest from “fast casual” restaurant tenants
Note: For residents in the community who rely on this CVS for medications, please plan ahead of June 2020 to ensure your prescriptions get transferred to an alternate location for dropoff & pickup.
- Rear Parking lot Re-development
• Jair Lynch is continuing to analyze multiple re-development options
• Currently negotiating a contract with a national homebuilder to develop 30 – 40 for sale townhomes
• Alternate options include additional retail or office development