Anthony Startt, Director of Investments at Jair Lynch, delivered an informative presentation to the Penn Branch community at the October General Body Meeting.
In an effort to help the PBCCA Board serve our community better, we created a PBCCA Survey for the 2019-2020 Membership Year. We ask that you:
- Download a copy of the Survey
- Complete the Survey with your most thoughtful answers in mind
- Scan and Email the Survey back to firstname.lastname@example.org – OR –
- Mail your completed copy of the Survey to:
Penn Branch Citizens Civic Association
P.O. Box 6730
Washington, DC 20020
The responses will be reviewed and acted upon by the PBCCA Board to help us drive change and serve our community better in the future.
By helping us, you, in turn, help the community.
Note: In 2018, Jair Lynch received an overwhelming amount of negative feedback from the community on the name, “The Shops at Penn Hill”. To the satisfaction of the community, Jair Lynch changed the name to “The Shops at Penn Branch” to maintain historical roots to the community.
Click this link to get a .pdf file containing the latest updates from Anthony Startt, Jair Lynch Real Estate Partner Representative, on The Shops at Penn Branch.
Although much needed progress has been made concerning redevelopment of The Shops at Penn Branch, there are some changes coming worth noting:
- CVS – Jair Lynch unable to reach agreement for long-term extension
• Current lease expires June 2020
• Analyzing options to re-tenant the space
• Likely to be broken into smaller shop space and office/medical space
• Strong interest from “fast casual” restaurant tenants
Note: For residents in the community who rely on this CVS for medications, please plan ahead of June 2020 to ensure your prescriptions get transferred to an alternate location for dropoff & pickup.
- Rear Parking lot Re-development
• Jair Lynch is continuing to analyze multiple re-development options
• Currently negotiating a contract with a national homebuilder to develop 30 – 40 for sale townhomes
• Alternate options include additional retail or office development
The following updates were provided by Anthony Startt, Jair Lynch Real Estate Partner Representative – The Shops at Penn Hill, for PBCCA’s September 2018 General Body Meeting:
- Zoning Commission (ZC) – “Proposed Action” on “custom zone” case was completed on 7/23
- ZC referred the case to the National Capital Planning Commission (NCPC) for a required 30-day federal review period. NCPC filed a letter on August 30 that the project was exempt from federal review and/or had not impact on federal interest.
- ZC is scheduled to take “Final Action” at their regular public meeting next Monday, Sept 17 at 6:30PM. As this is a public “meeting” (not “hearing”) there is no public testimony. There are also a number of other cases on the agenda. No need for anyone from the neighborhood to attend (although of course you are welcome to).
- Phase 1 renovation of the existing building (Planet Fitness) is progressing and PF should be open in December. This phase includes waterproofing and re-paving of the sidewalks in front of the Penn Ave level retailers. Hence, the various temporary barriers on site now. The waterproofing work will be completed by the end of Sept (weather permitting).
- Phase 2 renovation (exterior work, signage, lobby/elevator, roof screens, etc.) has commenced and will continue through January.
- Please note that all current retailers are open for business during renovation. Please encourage your neighbors to continue to patronize these businesses during construction.
Parking Lot Re-development
- We are meeting over the next few weeks with a number of potential “for sale” townhome/condominium builders/partners.
- Once the ZC has taken final action, I will be reaching out to OSNF to setup our quarterly meeting and begin the process of applying to DDOT for the various traffic improvements.
Click here for more details on Jair Lynch Real Estate Partners and The Shops at Penn Hill
Visit The Shops at Penn Hill website for more information