Hello Neighbors and Ward 7 Residents,
A group of concerned Ward 7 community leaders, from the organizations listed below, have been working together to promote the Revitalization of the Pennsylvania Avenue East Corridor. Collectively, we support a Survey to collect information about what we are concerned about in Ward 7. The purpose of this Survey is to give Ward 7 residents the opportunity to provide input on what and how the Pennsylvania Avenue East Corridor should be revitalized and also provide input on Transportation, Education, Health and Human Services, Public Safety, and Affordable Housing issues.
The Survey will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete and the results will be presented to DC Government Officials to support our concern for equitable revitalization in our area. The first presentation will occur on Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at the Pennsylvania Avenue Baptist Church, 3000 Pennsylvania Avenue SE, Lower Level, Washington, DC 20020 from 7:00 to 9:00pm. You are invited and encouraged to attend. During that presentation, hosted by the Penn Branch Citizens Civic Association at their monthly meeting, representatives from the Mayor’s Budget Office will address the FY2021 Budget Submission and we will have the opportunity to voice our disappointment and concern about the lack of improvements to this part of DC.
Collectively, the group below has:
- Supported a Petition to establish a Pennsylvania Avenue Main Street that garnered over 1000 signatures.
- Sent letters to Ward 7 Councilmember Vincent Gray requesting that he add a budget line item to his FY 2021 Budget Submission for funding in the amount of $200,000 for a Main Street Program and $10 million to support revitalization efforts along Pennsylvania Avenue East.
- Sent letters to DC Councilmembers and DC Government Officials in support of the petition, main street, and revitalization funding.
- Obtained a Resolution in Support of the Main Street and revitalization funding from ANC7B.
We are asking that you take the time to complete the Survey and provide your comments. The survey will close on March 8, 2020 at 12 Noon so that a summary report can be developed for presentation at the March 10th meeting. We have been waiting a long time for revitalization. It is important that neighborhoods along the Pennsylvania Avenue Corridor continue to collaborate and collectively demand economic development.
Thank you in advance for completing the Survey. This Survey is being forwarded to various listservs and groups in Ward 7. Feel free to forward it to your neighbors and other Ward 7 residents. Summary results will be published at a later date.
Here is the link to the survey:
- Dupont Park Civic Association
- Fairlawn Citizens Association
- Fairfax Village Community Association
- Hillcrest Community Civic Association
- Penn Branch Citizens Civic Association
- Randle Highlands Citizens Civic Association
- DC Citizens Federation
- Marshal Heights Community Development Organization
- Pennsylvania Avenue Baptist Church
- Pennsylvania Avenue East Economic Development Committee (PAEEDC) – currently inactive, except for the http://pennaveeast.org/ website
- Pennsylvania Avenue Corridor East (PACE) – currently inactive