The following update was provided by Anthony Startt, Jair Lynch Real Estate Partner Representative – The Shops at Penn Hill, for PBCCA’s September General Body Meeting:
- Zoning Commission (ZC) – “Proposed Action” on “custom zone” case was completed on 7/23
- ZC referred the case to the National Capital Planning Commission (NCPC) for a required 30-day federal review period. NCPC filed a letter on August 30 that the project was exempt from federal review and/or had not impact on federal interest.
- ZC is scheduled to take “Final Action” at their regular public meeting next Monday, Sept 17 at 6:30PM. As this is a public “meeting” (not “hearing”) there is no public testimony. There are also a number of other cases on the agenda. No need for anyone from the neighborhood to attend (although of course you are welcome to).
- Phase 1 renovation of the existing building (Planet Fitness) is progressing and PF should be open in December. This phase includes waterproofing and re-paving of the sidewalks in front of the Penn Ave level retailers. Hence, the various temporary barriers on site now. The waterproofing work will be completed by the end of Sept (weather permitting).
- Phase 2 renovation (exterior work, signage, lobby/elevator, roof screens, etc.) has commenced and will continue through January.
- Please note that all current retailers are open for business during renovation. Please encourage your neighbors to continue to patronize these businesses during construction.
Parking Lot Re-development
- We are meeting over the next few weeks with a number of potential “for sale” townhome/condominium builders/partners.
- Once the ZC has taken final action, I will be reaching out to OSNF to setup our quarterly meeting and begin the process of applying to DDOT for the various traffic improvements.
Click here for more details on Jair Lynch Real Estate Partners and The Shops at Penn Hill
Visit The Shops at Penn Hill website for more information